What is Customized Camping?
Customized camping means that at Kippewa, you choose from a tremendous array of activities to create a weekly schedule just for you! Each girl has 5 or 6 individually scheduled activity blocks each day, allowing her to enjoy a full day of program covering all of her areas of interest. Evening is a time for campfires, bunk nights, theatrical productions, skit and talent nights, treasure hunts, special events and more, either for a particular cabin, age group, or the camp as a whole. Once a week, the whole camp comes together for trip day or a special activity.
- four daily activity blocks of your choice
- free choice periods
- one period for either swimming or land sports
- new schedule every week
- camp-wide evening activities, special events, trip days
- optional sailing, hiking and wilderness trips
- 2 -3 options days each session where campers choose activities throughout the day, trying new things and spending extra time in activities they already know and love
Kippewa girls, ages 7 to 15, are empowered to make their own choices and pursue their own interests. Our caring, nurturing environment encourages girls to try new activities and challenge themselves. Individuality is celebrated!